Tag Archives: U.S. embassy

Immigrant Visa – Consular Processing

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) offers an individual two primary paths to permanent resident status and a green card in the United States. One such path available for individuals who are located outside of the U.S., or who will be leaving the U.S. is called “consular processing.” Consular processing may be the...

Read more

B-1 Temporary Business Nonimmigrant Visa

The B-1 visa is a nonimmigrant visitor visa that allows a person to travel to the United States for temporary business. “Business” means a legitimate commercial or professional activity, not including local employment or labor for hire. Examples of temporary business conducted while visiting under the B-1 visa include: attending an academic or...

Read more

B-2 Nonimmigrant Visa for U.S. Visitor, Travel and Tourism

If you are planning to travel to the United States on a temporary basis, it is important to have information about the type of nonimmigrant visa you will need. This article discusses the specific nonimmigrant visa for travel and tourism. For other activities, read about B-1 Business Visa, and other Read more