Tag Archives: nonimmigrant

Temporary Worker Visas Overview

In most circumstances, a citizen of a foreign country who intends to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either what’s called a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence in the U.S.


Business Team Diversity


What is...

Read more

Is the H-1B Visa right for Me?

The H-1B nonimmigrant temporary skilled worker visa is the main visa by which foreign individuals enter the United States for employment on a temporary basis. There are a number of considerations to think about when you are deciding whether the H-1B visa is the right...

Read more

Changing Your U.S. Visa Status from a Visitor to a Student

Can I change from a Visitor Visa to an F-1 Student Visa?

Visitors or tourists (B-1/B-2 visa-holders) who come to the United States may want to stay in the U.S to study to further their education. In order to study in the United States, B-1/B-2 visa holders must change their status by obtaining an...

Read more

F-1 Nonimmigrant Student Visa

Any international student wanting to study in the United States will need to obtain a student visa to enter and remain in the U.S. Most students are issued with an F-1 visa for a temporary period of several years, depending on the length of the proposed study program course. This article discusses the...

Read more