Checklist for Supporting Documents to Show Eligibility for Immigration Relief or WaiverContinuous Physical Presence:
- Leases, deeds;
- Birth, church, school, or employment records;
- Evidence of tax payments, which may include IRS computer printouts; and
- Employment Authorization Documents (EAD) or other documents issued by USCIS.
- Affidavits, declarations, or letters of at least two witnesses, preferably US citizens;
- Affidavits, declarations, or letters...
Automatic Visa Revalidation
Under certain circumstances, nonimmigrants with expired visas are allowed to return to the United States in the same visa status in which they departed, to continue their previously approved activities, without having to obtain a new entry visa stamp. This is known as "automatic extension of visa...
Frequently Asked Questions for Abused Immigrants
What is the U-visa?
The U visa is a special visa for the victims of certain crimes, including crimes of domestic violence and sexual assault, among others. The person must be the victim, or “indirect victim” of the crime, cooperate with law enforcement in the...