Category Archives: Nonimmigrant VISA

Nonimmigrant VISA related posts from JCS Immigration

Steps to Obtain a K-1 Fiance Visa in The U.S.

In order for a United States citizen to petition for permanent residency of his or her fiancé(e) abroad, a Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) must be filed with USCIS. After the Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) petition is approved, however, there are certain procedures for the alien fiancé(e) to take before being granted K-1 visa...

Read more

What is a K-1 Fiance(e) Visa?

The fiancé(e) visa or K-1 nonimmigrant visa is for a foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a United States citizen who wants to enter the United States. The K-1 nonimmigrant visa allows the foreign national to travel to the United States in order to marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of entry...

Read more

Guide to Receive USCIS Case Updates via Email and Text Message

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has improved greatly with the way that they handle electronic notifications for status updates on an applicant’s pending case. Any inquiring applicant may log on, at any time, to and click on the “Check your Case Status” link to receive a visual update on the progress...

Read more