Category Archives: Employment Visas

Temporary Nonimmigrant Worker Visa

In order for you to enter the United States lawfully on a nonimmigrant visa to work temporarily in the U.S. your prospective employer must typically file a nonimmigrant petition with USCIS on your behalf. The main nonimmigrant temporary worker classifications are discussed in this article. For more information on each specific visa category,...

Read more

Prevailing Wage for Employment Visas

What does "Prevailing Wage" mean for Employment Visas?

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) requires that when a U.S. company hires a foreign worker, jobs won’t be taken from qualified U.S. citizens, and that there will be no adverse effects on the wages and working conditions of U.S. workers in the area of intended employment....

Read more

Change of Status to a TN Visa

Can I change my nonimmigrant status to TN visa status?

If you are a citizen of Canada and in the U.S. lawfully you may file a petition to change your nonimmigrant status to TN-1 visa status. If you are a Mexican professional in the U.S. on a nonimmigrant visa, and you qualify...

Read more

Can my TN Visa be Renewed?

Can I renew my TN visa?

TN status is granted for a period of up to three years, but can be renewed indefinitely for additional three year periods. Our experienced U.S. immigration attorney have helped many Canadian and Mexican professionals obtain and maintain TN visa status. This article discusses how an individual...

Read more